Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo?
Posted by: Woody Cullum ()
Date: August 16, 2000 08:45PM

Thanks for your reply. It seems that yourself, myself and Rainer Bruns all have a common goal. We want a detailed accurate U-boat model that is capable of being built by a mid-level model builder, well thats what catagory I fall into. I was looking to contact Nichimo to approch them about producing a Type XI C boat in 1/72 scale. I also contacted Revel with the same request. They did send me a post card indicating my request would be forwarded to the design department for consideration, well we know what that means. I have the revel U-99 model. It was professionally built and painted by a friend, it sits on an oak base with a glass cover. This is by far the best u-boat model I have been able to find. I also purchased the Nichimo kit for the type IX. It looks okay, detail is rather good and it appears some what accurate. This thing will probably not get built, its just to dam small. Fine Art Models did indicate a type IX and XXI models would be produced. I just do not have the money to purchase the dam thing. I have some Lionel trains that I have put on the market, if I sell the lot my dream will come true. I have also purchased and had a bad experance building the resin model of an early type VII by a company in Italy. Sorry dont rember the name. This thing had brass etched parts etc. and nothing fit right, well one day the big B-24 droped a hammer on it.

It was nice talking to you, happy hunting, stay in touch.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Revl's u-505 ,a IX, or VII in disguise? Einsamer Wolf 08/07/2000 06:51PM
text should read "unopened Einsamer Wolf 08/07/2000 06:52PM
RE: Revl's u-505 ,a IX, or VII in disguise? joe brandt 08/08/2000 12:22AM
Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo? Einsamer Wolf 08/08/2000 01:51AM
RE: Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo? joe brandt 08/09/2000 12:18AM
Thanks for your additional help Einsamer Wolf 08/09/2000 12:56AM
RE: Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo? Woody Cullum 08/13/2000 05:39PM
RE: Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo? Einsamer Wolf 08/16/2000 01:58AM
RE: Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo? Woody Cullum 08/16/2000 08:45PM
It was by Amati, right? Einsamer Wolf 08/16/2000 09:39PM
RE: Revl's u-505 ,a IX, or VII in disguise? Rainer Bruns 08/08/2000 02:10AM
Vielen herzlichen Dank, Herr Bruns! Einsamer Wolf 08/08/2000 03:14AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.