General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Between Patrols
Posted by: Lawrence ()
Date: November 09, 2001 08:39PM

<HTML>Hi,
I put some photographs of a few of the KM leisure facilities on my website. I think the URL is [www.kriegsmarine.net]
If not its all under the French U-boat bases page.
Where I used to live in Brittany there were a number of such places, most of them very beautiful. Trevarez is probably the most famous one and was bombed by the Allies. That is where the Japanese crews went during their leave in France as well. At the Royal Navy Submarine Museum we have a number of photographs of the Japanese and German crews there drinking, playing cards and even looking under the bonnet of a staff car.
I spoke to a number of veterans about these places while writing my First U-Flotilla book and they all said how nice they were and how very friendly the French staff were within them. In 'Iron Coffins' (not a 100% factual book but close) Herbert Werner refers to Trevarez as 'Chateauneuf' as it is a few miles from Chateauneuf de Faou, a nice little place.
Cheerrs
Lawrence</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Between Patrols CAL 11/07/2001 12:46PM
Re: Between Patrols Frank 11/09/2001 05:59PM
Re: Between Patrols Ken Dunn 11/09/2001 07:03PM
Re: Between Patrols Lawrence 11/09/2001 08:39PM
Re: Between Patrols CAL 11/09/2001 09:29PM
Re: Between Patrols Frank 11/10/2001 07:46AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.