General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: U.S. subs vs. Uboats got a question!!!!!!!!!
Date: December 06, 2000 02:57AM

<HTML>Gentlemen:

At the \"Nippon Gruppe\" meeting in Rendsburg in early September, a copy of the book \"U-Boat Far From Home\" was passed around. I \"skimmed\" through it and am now in the process of attempting to obtain a copy by means of a fellow former Japanese POW who lives in New Zealand.

You may be interested to know the owner of this book was a radioman in the raider THOR which was destroyed in the accidental explosion and destruction of the tanker UCKERMARK in Yokohama in late November 1942. This fellow was seriously injured and remains somewhat disabled with one leg being shorter than the other. He emigrated to Australia after the war.

Of interest is the fact that the UCKERMARK transported me and my shipmates from the South Atlantic to Java where we were handed over to the Japanese!

Cordially.

George.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U.S. subs vs. Uboats got a question!!!!!!!!!!! Ben B. 12/04/2000 10:30PM
RE: U.S. subs vs. Uboats got a question!!!!!!!!! kurt 12/05/2000 04:01AM
RE: U.S. subs vs. Uboats got a question!!!!!!!!! Anders Wingren 12/05/2000 12:32PM
RE: U.S. subs vs. Uboats got a question!!!!!!!!! Robin Edwards 12/05/2000 09:39PM
RE: U.S. subs vs. Uboats got a question!!!!!!!!! Capt. George W. Duffy 12/06/2000 02:57AM
RE: U.S. subs vs. Uboats got a question!!!!!!!!! Robin Edwards 12/06/2000 01:26AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.