Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: ASDIC
Date: August 08, 2003 07:37AM

<HTML>Dear Mrs. Rosenfeld,

LGB, a clever businessman as he is, published a book &#8220;Der Film Das Boot&#8221; or something like that, right after the movie was released; I used to have this book but gave it to my god-father and he claims he still needs to give it further thought. But I also know that our charming Greek Lady-genius has it so you might ask her, if there is something mentioned about sound creating.

On the other hand the Admiral just told me on the phone the sound of ASDIC sounded like the real one. And I remember some kind of tv-show PETERSEN explaining that he called several former u-boat-men to the Bavaria-studios, introduced them to the sound-technicians and this &#8220;gang&#8221; then made sure all typical u-boat-noises sounded as real as possible.

The heat over here will stay another week according to the weather-forecast and so will the beer although not necessarily depending on this forecast.

Have a nice weekend and enjoy your Becks, advertised over here probably kind of chauvinistically: Becksbier löscht Männerdurst!, but that was before the feminists took over.

Sincerely Yours
Volker Erich Kummrow</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
ASDIC Meg Rosenfeld 08/08/2003 01:26AM
Re: ASDIC Volker Erich Kummrow 08/08/2003 07:37AM
Re: ASDIC Meg Rosenfeld 08/08/2003 12:44PM
Re: ASDIC Io Chrysafidou 08/10/2003 03:23AM
Re: ASDIC Meg Rosenfeld 08/10/2003 04:04AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.