General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB
Date: June 19, 2007 07:30AM

Gentlemen,

I am in the process of finishing off the translation of a few pages of the KTB for the U-562 to finally (?) finish my research.

You can see the original KTB on my earlier post in this forum.

Once again, I have come across a few issues which I would like your assistance on.

The main one concerns many of the abbreviations in the KTB:

L.F
B.E.
G.H.G
B.D
H.F
G.F
NOzO
(MZ)
(AZ)
mot. (Alarm. 2 mot. Flugzeug mit ostl. Kurs)
Fu.M.B (Weider keine Ortung im Fu.M.B )
BB (BB-Sicherung und Verband)
F.T & F.d.U (F.T an F.d.U)

The only other things really are these words:

Ruckmarsch (u has the two dots)
Erbitte
Weider keine Ortung im Fu.M.B
Peilung
Achteres
Entfernung

On page 2 the second paragraph that begins Nach 5 mins 50 secs etc This one is important to me so an accurate translation of this would be most appreciated.

Geleitzug zackt nach Horchpeilung nach. Suden ab (u has the dots in Suden).

Lastly,in the Torpedo Report there is abbreviation that appears as:

1 frgl 2 Treffer Fehlschaub Versager etc

What is frgl please ?

Many many thanks in anticipation.

Andre

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Andre Duncan Chissel 06/19/2007 07:30AM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Dan Girard 06/19/2007 10:39PM
Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Andre 06/20/2007 05:09AM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Dan Girard 06/21/2007 07:56AM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Ken Dunn 06/21/2007 11:49AM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Appie Houwaart 06/21/2007 10:03AM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Simon Schnetzke 06/21/2007 02:52PM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Andre Duncan Chissel 06/22/2007 03:02AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.