General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB
Posted by: Andre ()
Date: June 20, 2007 05:09AM

Dear Dan,

Thanks ever so much for this, my translation is now almost looking professional !

I really do appreciate the time and effort that you have put in to helping me and if I may rely on your goodwill just once more ........

I actually missed out one word that should have been on the list "Horchpeilung" which appears as "Horchpeilungen" elsewhere (abreviation ?) which I assume is a special bearing ?

The only other issues concerned:

1) Peilung steht which appears to translate to "bearing sting" Any clues ? And
2) "Achteres Sehrohr ausgefallen. Die Rolle mit Fedrlager am Angriffssehrohr ist beim auf Tiefe gehen in der Schweissnacht abgerissen. Sehrohr liess sich nicht aufsetzen - This translates roughly to

"Aft periscope unusual. The role with feather camp in the attack periscope is with on depth go in the weld ragged. Periscope is not operational."

Any suggestion as to a better translation please ? I do my best to decipher computer translated scripts but sometimes computer translators have their limits thank goodness it is not Japanese)

Many thanks once again in anticipation

Andre

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Andre Duncan Chissel 06/19/2007 07:30AM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Dan Girard 06/19/2007 10:39PM
Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Andre 06/20/2007 05:09AM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Dan Girard 06/21/2007 07:56AM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Ken Dunn 06/21/2007 11:49AM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Appie Houwaart 06/21/2007 10:03AM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Simon Schnetzke 06/21/2007 02:52PM
Re: Translation assistance required again for part of a KTB Andre Duncan Chissel 06/22/2007 03:02AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.