General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: unknown U boat??
Posted by: Joseph Curry ()
Date: January 28, 2002 05:42PM

<HTML>HOLA GARTH: Thanks for the information,I will follow it up. At this point I really have no idea, I stlll haven't found any leads that I can get my teeth into. As far as the submarine not being listed, no problem. Since it's mission would be clasified as a top secrret it naturally would be covered in of many ways diferent code name, another mission, or whatever..One of my ocntacts, an agriculture pilot, claims that he was flying over the region at mid day and saw it clearly, but was never able to find it again. That is where the informaiton as to it being partially buried in the sand and listing.comes from. Another, an indian fishing from a canoe during a windy day, claims that he was trolling when sudenly his outboard moter prop hit something and sheared the pin. He never saw what it was since the chop didn't allow him to see very far in to the water. He replaced the pin, and noticed that the prop was bent. He then returned to where he thought it had happened, but found nothing, no blood or flesh. He asked me just what kind of a fish could do that? Well the upshot of it is, that it happened almost exactly where my friend claimed he had seen the sub, Conclusion? the indians' prop hit the periscope?? Remember, this area is approx 80+ ft at low tide. Also supposedly, two seamen and an oficer in s submariners clothing, were found drowned to the north with an over turned rubber boat. Interesting possibilities for speculation .Comments??? Possibilities ??</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
unknown U boat?? joseph cury 01/23/2002 01:11AM
Re: unknown U boat?? Jeff McBride 01/23/2002 02:10AM
Re: unknown U boat?? Joseph Curry 01/24/2002 01:56PM
Re: unknown U boat?? Michael Lowrey 01/24/2002 09:59PM
Re: unknown U boat?? Garth 01/27/2002 02:02PM
Re: unknown U boat?? Joseph Curry 01/28/2002 05:42PM
Re: unknown U boat?? Brian Thurmann 01/29/2002 11:43AM
Re: unknown U boat?? Joseph Curry 01/29/2002 01:31PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.