Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: Smoking and Submarines
Posted by: Gregg G ()
Date: November 22, 2002 09:37PM

<HTML>I served on both diesel and nuclear subs in the U.S. Navy in the early seventies. Smoking was permitted in every space as I recall. I don't remember anyone complaining about it as most everyone smoked, I can only remember a cople of guys who were non-smokers. As a former smoker I can't imagine how these guys could stand it!

Not long ago I met a young sailor stationed on a newer boomer who told me they have a designated smoking area in the lower missle compartment. He also told me he has a friend on a fast attack that is a non-smoking boat! I wonder how this could be possible, does a smoker quit for a 60-70 day patrol or does he sneak a smoke (hardly possible)? I'm not so sure I would wan't to be going to sea with a guy who was forced to quit by an overzealous anti-smoking Commanding Officer.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Smoking and Submarines Chris M. 11/10/2002 12:34AM
Re: Smoking and Submarines ROBERT M. 11/10/2002 04:23AM
Re: Smoking and Submarines Chris M. 11/10/2002 07:34PM
Re: Smoking and Submarines Patrick Meagher 11/10/2002 09:30PM
Re: Smoking and Submarines ROBERT M. 11/10/2002 09:57PM
Re: Smoking and Submarines Gregg G 11/22/2002 09:37PM
Re: Smoking and Submarines J.T. McDaniel 11/22/2002 10:07PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.