(ex Norwegian boat B-6)
|Laid down||1919||Marinens Howedwerft, Horten, Norway|
|Commissioned||17 Nov 1941||Oblt. Otto Wollschläger|
|Commanders||11.41 - 09.43||Oblt. Otto Wollschläger|
|Career||No patrols||11.41 - 11.44 U-Abwehrschule
(Gotenhafen / Bergen) school boat
Taken over by the German Navy on 4 May, 1940 at Florö, Norway.
Used for training. Taken out of service at Bergen, Norway in October 1944. Scuttled on 3 May, 1945 in Kiel, raised and broken up in 1945.
* Commissioned into German service.
The boat was originally commissioned into Norwegian service on 1 May, 1930. Speed was 15 knots on the surface and 8.9 knots underwater. Armament was in the form of 1 7.6" deck gun and 4 torpedoes carried on board. They had a crew of 23.
The series B-1 to B-6 were built as a result of payment from the British Government for two Norwegian coastal defence ships seized nearly finished at the builders in 1914. They were not laid down during the Great War as stated in the Gröner books. Due to severe difficulties to get steel and equipment the construction took a lot of time, but not 15 years (about 3 years for the first ones) The B-1 was launced in 1922.
The UC-2 had yard number 117 she was launched on 24.9.1929.