Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style
Posted by: Hamilcar ()
Date: July 20, 2001 12:38PM

<HTML>In the 1930\'s & 40\'s Cinema was as a previous poster pointed out a hugely powerful Propaganda weapon...see Leni rafenstahl (sp?) , Sergi Eisenstein, John Ford and Micheal Powell.

The problem is that Cinema and in this I include TV is still a powerful weapon and whilst the levels of violence and sexual content is censored, the subject matter and the way it is presented is not
now HOLLYWOOD has allways made fast and loose with history an example is Errol Flyn as \'Robin Hood\' a hugely entertaining film set in historical medevil England, yet whilst it does portray historical figures Richard I, Prince John etc.etc you know it is just a Film and not an accurate historical document
Then in that same year that film was made the war started (1939) Cinema is turned into a propaganda tool by hollywood not by the Government but by the largely Jewish run studios ( this is not a Racial slur but a fact, check it out yourself ) and by many directors and actors from europe who had gotten out one step ahead of the Nazis. Films such as \"I was a Nazi Agent\" or \"Foreign Corespondent\" , gentle proddings to the American Public that Nazi Germany was\'nt terribly nice and that the Local German-American Bund may just be fibbing.

Then December 7th \'41. Need I say more? HOLLYWOOD goes into full propaganda mode with Uncle Sam at the helm.

Post War in the 1950\'s whilst HOLLYWOOD still kept to the general formula of JAP / NAZI = BAD...GI = GOOD films such as \"Attack\", \"The Enemy Below\", \"Hell in the Pacific\" \"Tora!Tora!Tora!\" etc. became more balanced with less tendenacy to sterotype.
then war films became \'Unfashionable\' for a long while, now that with CGI big set peice WWII films are possible I feel that the Propaganda has returned with them and more worringly is that they are being touted as being \"HISTORICALLY ACCRUATE\"....this can only be a bad thing.

The Imperial Japanese and Nazi Germans did need a sound thrashing and huge amounts of People died doing it, I think that if a Film being made now, today with that Generation of People who fought for us disappearing. Those of us who are here now those born after 1945 need to be told a story just as entertainment or set correctly in historical Context, in this the Middle Ground ie like U-571 etc is dangerous .

(Note: I am not nor have every been a member of the Nazi Party or indeed the Japanese Royal Family so before any flamers get there knickers in a twist sit back and just read again what I\'ve written.)

Clark wrote:
-------------------------------
No, it wasn\\\'t a bad movie.

Romper Stomper shows the skinheads as stupid, vain, and arrogant. Much like Stalingrad, the characters loses more than they gain. But unlike Stalingrad, its because of the flaws in their character.

Movies like Romper Stomper make the skin heads look foolish. Remember when those guys didn\\\'t make off with the loot? In other words, these guys don\\\'t look like people I would like to hang around with.

Compare that with American History hot smileyhttp://www.prisonflicks.com/american.htm). The Hollywood version of Romper Stomper. In that movie, the skin heads come off as stronger than civilized society. That sets a dangerous example in my opinon.

Clark

Did you like Romper Stomper, Vin?</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Nazism-Hollywood style Clark 07/18/2001 03:13AM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style walter M. 07/18/2001 03:09PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Clark 07/18/2001 05:03PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style walter M 07/18/2001 07:14PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style PETE J.R. 07/19/2001 05:47AM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style walter M 07/19/2001 03:30PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style PETE J.R. 07/22/2001 02:58AM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Trinity 07/19/2001 02:55PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Clark 07/19/2001 03:31PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style walter M 07/19/2001 03:38PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Clark 07/19/2001 03:44PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Vin 07/20/2001 09:28AM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Clark 07/20/2001 11:11AM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Hamilcar 07/20/2001 12:38PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Clark 07/20/2001 11:09PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style J.T. McDaniel 07/24/2001 02:24AM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Clark 07/24/2001 03:54PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style walter M 08/06/2001 03:00PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Takeo 08/29/2001 06:32AM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style walter M 08/31/2001 08:19PM
RE: Nazism-Hollywood style Benoit Armand 09/14/2001 02:45PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.