|Ordered||5 Jun 1941|
|Laid down||13 Aug 1942||Danziger Werft AG, Danzig (werk 129)|
|Launched||11 Mar 1943|
|Commissioned||26 Jun 1943||Capitano di Corvetta Athos Fraternale|
|Successes||No ships sunk or damaged|
Given to Italy in exchange for transport submarines and renamed S 1. On 10 September 1943 taken over by the Kriegsmarine at Gotenhafen after the Italian surrender and commissioned as U-428 on 26 October 1943.
Scuttled on 5 May 1945 in the Ober-Eider near Audorf in the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Canal, in position 54.19N, 09.40E. Wreck broken up in 1946.
Men lost from U-boats
Unlike many other U-boats, which during their service lost men due to accidents and various other causes, U-428 did not suffer any casualties (we know of) until the time of her loss.
We have 1 emblem entry for this boat. See the emblem page for this boat or view emblems individually below.